Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's a Party!

One thing I've learned about throwing a child's party is you can buy a kid a cake, but you can't make him enjoy it! We had a combined birthday party for Ryan and Ethan and invited a few of their friends over to celebrate with us. For the most part it was great fun. They both enjoyed the bubble blowing and opening the presents they received from their friends. Ryan was very excited about his Thomas cake and I was so excited to let Ethan go at his cake. Every parent looks forward to the ritual smashing of the cake. We had a smash cake all ready, we stripped him down and I lit the candle. That's where our trouble began. He, being the curious kid that he is, was instantly drawn to the flame. I, being the slow to react mother that I am, didn't catch his little hand in time and he received quite a scare from his birthday candle. From that point on he was terrified of his cake. Oh, well. There's always next year!





Oh, dear. After a bath and a cuddle he was good to go again and the rest of the party was a success!




Ryan had a great time, every morning since he's asked if he could have a party. "I'm three! It's my birthday party!"






Hooray for One and Three! (phew, celebration month officially over!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love your postings, we love you so much! PLEASE KEEP BLOGGING!

Britt said...

What a cute blog! Kris, it looks like you've found yourslelf a beautiful wife and have some pretty adorable little boys. Glad to see you're doing so well! (Ashely you're probabyl wondering who this is. We know Kris from LD Singers. Found your blog on John and Emilee's.)

Katie said...

That's so much fun. I love having those mommy moments, poor kids. I can't believe how fast the time goes. I remember reading about Ethan's birth on your blog, and now you're celebrating birthdays!!

Tayler said...

I'm so sad that we weren't out there to celebrate their birhtdays! Poor Ethan! Looks like it was a fun party though. Love you guys!!

Josh and Liz said...

You are such a cute mom! I have been thinking about you! I hope you are doing good! I miss you!