Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3 years ago today.....

This is what we looked like:


We were both a bit on the puffy side (perfectly understandable, all things considered). Disregarding our puffiness I think we look pretty darn cute together and I know it's definitely a day I'll never forget (I'll forgive you if you have). Three years ago I had no idea how much personality was packed into such a tiny body, or how much laughter you would bring into our home, or how frustrated I could get with you yet still ALWAYS love you. I wasn't prepared for the many ways you would change my life, but I sure am glad you did. One thing I know for sure: Life would be BORING without you!

And this is us today:



Today is your birthday! You are 3! My little Man. I love you so much!



Your Dad and I loved spending the day with you, just you at Disneyland. You make everything new and fun! Watching your little face as you experience new things helps me appreciate living in the moment.



You were so patient while waiting to ride the "big kid rides" for the first time!



Ryan, I don't think there has every been another little boy quite like you!



Happy Birthday Buddy!

3 comments:

Lori said...

awww happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! Your Aunt Dodo misses you so much already! Although I am a little offended that when I called to wish you a Happy Birthday you were to busy eating chips to come to the phone!! Love you Ryan!

Josh and Liz said...

I am so jealous of his birthday! Not Ethan though poor little guy had to get shots. That's life as a 1 year old I guess. How fun! I love your little family. I hope that things are going better with the neighbor. Hope to talk to you soon!
Liz