This week we received a visit from "Aunt Dodo". Let me explain. My younger sister, Tayler, has had the nickname Tayto since she was a little girl. When Ryan started to talk he couldn't quite manage Tayto, so he invented Dodo (like the bird, not...the other), and gosh if it isn't a hard name to retire! Ryan has long outgrown his inability to say Tayto, or even Tayler, but I still find myself saying, "Have Aunt Dodo help you" or "Go get Aunt Dodo", I'm thinking it's going to stick around for a while! (I'm sure Dodo is thrilled.)
The day she flew in was a Sunday so we decided to take a drive down to the LA Temple and walk around the grounds. It was a beautiful night with a clear sky and an almost full moon. Gorgeous.
I am so glad she came to stay with us. I miss my sisters A LOT! Tayler is 7 years younger than I am, but that hasn't stopped us from being close. We talk and joke around, she loves my boys and they love her, and I know she would do anything for me if I ever asked. 7 years definitely hasn't prevented her from being an example to our family. Tayler is everything that is Good. Before I start copying down the lyrics of "Did you ever know that you're my Hero" I'll just say she's the perfect little sister and I love her a whole lot!
Thanks for coming Tayler! We loved having you here to make new memories (I don't think either of us will ever forget the "McDonalds Incident" from the Fashion District).
Now for that "anything I know you'd do for me if I'd only ask"..........how do you feel about transferring to USC?


1 comment:
How fun! Taylor is such a doll! It is so nice to have family come it makes me feel like I'm back home
Post a Comment