Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grateful

Today was a good day. (Except for Sacrament Meeting where my boys were NOT on their best behavior). Other than that, Good Day. I enjoyed all of the lessons I heard today at church, especially in Relief Society. We had a great discussion on Faith and read some of my favorite scriptures. One of the things that was discussed was that we as women need to have faith that the seemingly meaningless, often times tedious things that we do every day WILL have lasting eternal consequences for us and for our family. I know this is true. I also know that I don't always ACT like I know this is true. I have hard days, everyone does. But I have been blessed lately to know that the work that I do everyday is being rewarded. And for this I am grateful.

I am grateful that Ryan had a successful first week of school. He LOVES it and I am grateful that I spent a lot of time with him this summer preparing him for the "school" mindset.

(The classic first day of school picture)

I am grateful that Kris was able to give Ryan his first Father's Blessing the night before his first day. This was a tradition in my family as I'm sure it was in many families. I'm grateful for the simple childlike faith of Ryan as he listened to his dad give him the blessing. Definitely a moment that I want to remember forever!

I am grateful that Ethan is pretty much potty trained! Ok, perhaps not all things will have an eternal impact, but that doesn't mean I can't be grateful, right?!

(Ethan modeling a towel I bought while redecorating his bathroom in an attempt to make it a place he'd WANT to be in, it worked!)

I am grateful for a clean, organized house. I'm not completely there yet, but I'm making good headway. I am determined to go through every cupboard, closet and drawer and put everything in its proper place. I want a house of order where we can teach our boys with the Spirit. (I'll just have to maintain it!)

And lastly, I'm grateful for the sweetest prayer given tonight by Ethan. Both boys sat very still, with arms folded and eyes closed. It made those nights we struggled through it worth it. (Now if I can just accomplish the same thing in Sacrament Meeting.....)

1 comment:

Lori said...

i love this post.