Friday, October 23, 2009

Quilt Challenge

I'm learning I sometimes need a deadline in order to get things done. My sister called last night and said there is a baby shower next Saturday for an extended family member and did I think I could get a quilt done and put in the mail to arrive in time? Um, let's see!  My machine is back from getting repaired and working great.  You'd think I'd get going on finishing all those quilt tops for the shop, but I instead find myself catching up with all the Project Runway in my Tivo.  This challenge is just what I needed to get sewing again. 



I finished piecing the top today and I'm really loving the color combo and the simple design. I'm excited to quilt it and send it off.  Hopefully the new mom-to-be-loves it too! 

I'm so proud of all my hard work.....I think I need a reward.  And since Kris just finished midterms I'm declaring tonight date night.  Dinner and this movie is just the ticket!

6 comments:

Lori said...

oh to be a quilter. i'm so jealous and admire those who can. what a cute quilt!

Have fun on your date!

Lorraine said...

I LOVE your earrings, clips, etc on etsy! Can I just come over to look at what you are selling? Let's talk.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Cuuute quilt :)

Project Runway = awesome. Who do you want to win this season? I still can't decide, they're all so talented.

Erica said...

I just found your blog! BEAUTIFUL quilt! I love it!

mrs. jar said...

Ashley, I just saw your message! Thank you so much for that sweet note and thank your mom too! It is great being a new mom...I have a lot to learn! But Gracie is such a dream come true! Thanks again!

How are you? I see that you have two handsome little men on your hands! It is so fun catching up with ya.

mrs. jar said...

P.S. Cute quilt...One day I would LOVE to learn to be so talented.