Monday, May 26, 2008

'Night 'Night

I love Ryan's bedtime routine. We brush our teeth, say our prayers with a resounding "AMEN" from Ryan, and give hugs and kisses all around. Every night after we put Ryan to bed Kris or I will go downstairs to tuck him under his covers (he has a tendency to kick them all off). One night Kris came back upstairs laughing and asked me to come look. I crept in expecting Ryan to be in some funny sleeping position and he wasn't there! The mom in me panicked for one second while imagining some scenario of Ryan wandering around the neighborhood in the middle of the night with no shoes or socks on, that is until I looked around his room and saw him, bent over, asleep in his chair. Phew!

It doesn't look very comfortable to me, but whatever works! We snapped a quick picture before tucking him back into his real bed.



About a week later we had visitors so Ryan stayed in Ethan's room and Ethan stayed with us. We know he can get out of the Pack 'n Play but it's safer than a crib if he's going to attempt a breakout. Sure enough, when Kris popped his head in this is how we found him.


What a character, I love my little boys!

7 comments:

curtandheather said...

What cute little guy....all he wants to do is sleep in a chair, doesn't sound so comfortable but kids do the darndest things : )

Heidi said...

It's so sweet when they do things like that. When are you guys moving to California? Your boys are darling!

BKC said...

This is so cute and such a funny story. I would love to run into you too! When do you leave for California? Maybe we could all get together at the park or something...

BKC said...

Sounds good! We'll just pick a day and everyone can bring their own lunches, etc. when it gets a bit warmer but before you leave. GOod luck with neighborhood hunting!!

Crystal Taylor said...

Ashley,
I was so excited when I read your comment. It looks like you guys are doing great!! Wow, two little boys, they are adorable. We are expecting our third in October. I can't believe we'll have three, that is crazy! Anyway, it was good to hear from you.
Crystal Taylor

BKC said...

So this is totally lame, but I don't have your phone number so I was going to let you know (very last minute) that we're meeting at the ogden olive garden at 1:00 today if you want to come!! Sorry such late notice!

Erin said...

Seriously...he is SO cute! I love that he wanders out of his bed and makes himself comfy somewhere else!!