Thursday, June 5, 2008

We'll be livin' on love.....and loans

Phew! We made if back from our trip/scouting expedition to California in one piece. Kris and I left the boys behind (thanks Tayler, you are the BEST!) and had a great time just being together. The day we flew in we had our itinerary with USC all planned out. After a very frightening talk with financial aid regarding paying for a little something called dental school, I picked myself up off the floor in order to take a tour of the campus and dental labs. I'm kicking myself that I didn't take my camera because they have this awesome fountain on the north end of campus. It's an abstract of a hand giving the middle finger to UCLA. Ha! I loved it, very funny!

Since the point of this trip was for us to figure out where we are going to live, most of our time was spent in the car. We just plugged in the TomTom and drove around. We at least settled on a city. The LDS students we met during the tour of the dental school sold us on South Pasadena. We attended the ward there on Sunday and were blown away by how friendly and helpful everyone was.




Of course, we couldn't go to California without spending a couple of days in Disneyland. I even bought my season pass so I can go as often as I like! We rode Pirates about 7 times (my favorite), ate at the Blue Bayou and enjoyed a pineapple whip while waiting outside the Tiki Hut. It was a great vacation!


Just gettin' cozy with the Natives.


Mmmmm, pineapple whip!


It really made us excited to move out there. Now we just need....oh....half a million dollars to pay for school and living expenses and we'll be all set! (You think I'm kidding....)

5 comments:

meg said...

Steve and I are SO jealous! California is so awesome. You guys will do great!!!

Heidi said...

What a fun new adventure for you guys! I think it would be a lot of fun to live in California. We were going to plan a get together this month will you email me so I can get a hold of you? My email is heidicnelson@hotmail.com. Thanks!

curtandheather said...

Wow! Looks like a fun time in the good old orange state. Love that place, we are going to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks and can't wait. Disneyland is always the best place and you can be as crazy as you want!!

Ryan said...

I know all about the half million dollars! NYC gets a little expensive too. I've actually decided to go the military route. Tuition paid plus $1900 a month isn't too bad. If you have questions about it let me know. Plus we may live in Germany for 3 years! Who knows.

Erin said...

What a fun adventure you and you little family to to experience moving to California! I wish you guys the best :)