Tuesday, October 11, 2011

rain, rain, please come again another day

I can not believe I'm going to say this, but the constant sunshine of Southern California sometimes gets a little monotonous. I need change. I want seasons. So when we had a rain storm last week I was loving it. It felt good to get a little wet. So good, that when the boys asked to jump in a few puddles after school I said yes. I've been working on saying "yes" more and "no" less.  Remember this?  Besides, what could 10 minutes of getting soaking wet hurt?






See that thing that Ethan is holding. Yeah, that blurry thing in the foreground? That would be his "Wormy" friend he found and carried around with him until I said it was time to go in. First he laid it down in our driveway until Ryan told him Mom was going to run over it in her van if he left it there. So then he found a spot, carefully laid it down and told Wormy he'd come visit after it stopped raining. Which Ethan did. And Wormy was still there. Except he had transformed into something resembling a petrified stick and that's where the friendship ended.

 After Ryan was sufficiently soaked we went inside and the boys had a bath followed by hot chocolate. It almost felt like Fall...almost. The sun was out and shining the next day, but we had fun while it lasted.
And no harm came from it, oh, unless you count the colds my boys have now.
I'm hoping that's just a coincidence. It's possible, right???
(Bad Mom...baaaaad Mom.)

No comments: