Friday, October 7, 2011

8 months



Pictures just don't show it, but he is a BIG boy.  I ought to round up some babies from our ward (we have them in abundance) to show what an 8 month old should look like.  As opposed to my 8 month old that just started incorporating 12-18 month clothing into his wardrobe.  Sheesh!


We have ourselves a thumb sucker.  Neither of our other boys ever sucked their thumb.  Ryan did suck his two middle fingers, but only while falling asleep, and Ethan did nothing.  Grey sticks that little thumb right in his mouth to let us know it's sleepy time.  I don't mind it, for now.  It's a great sleep cue and I have to admit he looks awfully cute doing it (I keep meaning to snap a quick picture), but since this is uncharted territory for us I'm hoping we won't have to break him of this habit later.


Pretty much since Grey's birth I've been on a campaign to have his first word be "Mama".  Shameless, I know.  We play hide and seek a lot.  I hide, he seeks.  I call out "where's Mama?" and he comes and finds me.  It's such a simple thing, but the look on his face when he army crawls around a corner and sees me is priceless.  He's recently added a babble of "mamama" when he finds me.  My little plan is working!  Or so I like to think.  :o)


Even while teething (seriously, teething never seems to end) and with a cold he's such a trooper. 
I think we'll keep him. 

4 comments:

Erin said...

WOW...He is a pretty boy! Look at those eyes!!

Deamers said...

Wow, he suddenly looks very big and old. His hair has really come in, and his eyes seem even brighter and bluer. He's a good lookin' kid. Reese says, that he is a cute little baby, and she wants Ryan to come stay at our house.

Lori said...

what a precious kiddo.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

He is DARLING!!!!