Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let them eat.....TIE!

Last night I took Ryan on a date to the grocery store. (That's right, I like to take my boys out in style. The grocery store is a usual hot spot for those late night Mommy/Son outings.) In our perusal down the bakery aisle he picked out this adorable cake to give to his Daddy for Father's Day.


I wanted to keep it a secret but Ryan rushed right through the door announcing that he'd bought Kris a present. "We got you a tie Daddy!" I assured Kris we did not buy him a tie at Albertson's and instead told him I had no idea what Ryan was talking about. (I only felt a little bit guilty for lying.)

Today, Ryan was very happy to see the cake reappear. "Look Daddy, you get to eat your tie!"

I'm willing to bet there was more than one Dad out there this morning that wished they could've eaten the tie they were given instead of wearing it!



Happy Father's Day!!!

2 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

What a cute cake! How fun! :)

Crystal Taylor said...

That is adorable. It's so fun when the kids get old enough to understand these holidays!