Tuesday, April 28, 2009

27

There are a lot of things that happened today that I want to share.
My mom was a saint and watched our boys and Heather's girls so Kris and I could have a day together. This is the first year since we've been married that we actually celebrated my birthday on my birthday. Kris is usually in the thick of finals, and last year I had just had a baby so I wasn't feeling too festive. We had a yummy lunch and saw a funny movie which we got into for free once the lady at the ticket counter found out it was my birthday. (She even sang to me!)
And tonight we enjoyed a family dinner at my Grandpa's house.

See? Lots to share.

For me the best part was talking to Kris and realizing I really like where I'm at for 27.



I know this picture doesn't exactly shout "It's my birthday!" It was taken in front of the house I grew up in and where my parents still live. Off to the left is where my Grandpa lives. They say home is where the heart is. This little house and the house next door (especially the people in them) will always hold a piece of my heart. It was great to be home for my birthday!

2 comments:

curtandheather said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. It is crazy to think we are 27!! Well I guess I'm not yet but....Crazy, time flies when you are having fun.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!