"If I fly you and your boys home will you watch my girls?"
"Uh...YEAH!"
So here we are! The story is a little more involved than that, but we'll just leave it there. Kris is studying hard for finals and then he'll be joining us. It's nice being home and I'm so glad I can help Heather out, but the boys and I are missing him. During our nightly prayers I pray for Kris to do well in school and to be safe. Ryan has started interrupting me to ask where his daddy is. It's very sweet. He loves his daddy.
Kris dropped us off at the airport. The plane ride here was....hectic. I'll have to think long and hard before I fly again with two small children by myself. Changing Ethan's diaper in the phone booth-like bathroom was pretty interesting. And since I couldn't possibly have fit Ryan in there with us I threatened him with his life if he moved out of his seat while we were gone. And of course he moved. As I was coming out of the bathroom he was attempting to knock on the cockpit door!
Are you picturing my walk of shame back to my seat? Me, my face bright red, holding one child as I drag another one down the aisle. Not that it got any better once we landed. Two kids, three suitcases, one double stroller, one car seat and ME! I am pretty sure people were starring as I put Ethan on one of the suitcases and stacked everything else as I walked backwards through the airport. Argh. It almost makes me glad we're driving home.
The point is...we are here! And I'm going to enjoy the time I have to spend with my family.
(I've decided I really hate flying.)


1 comment:
Traveling with kids is the best, right? Thank goodness is was a short flight (relatively I guess - for you it was probably never-ending).
Post a Comment