Friday, November 21, 2008

Vain Baby

Ethan has found his first best friend. Himself! Almost every day I can hear him giggling, screeching, blowing raspberries and jabbering to the baby in the mirror. He is always so excited when the baby jabbers back. And who wouldn't want to be friends with such a super friendly guy?!





We took both boys to the doctor yesterday for checkups, immunizations and flu shots, oh my. Not fun. What was fun was seeing how big they are both getting.

Ethan, who was 8 months yesterday, now weighs 20 lbs and is 28 1/2 inches long. At birth he weighed 8 lbs and was 21 1/2 inches, he's grown almost an inch a month since he's been born! Does that seem like a lot?

Ryan, who is 2 years and 8 months weighs 32 lbs and is 38 inches tall. They say you can double a 2 1/2 year olds height to see how tall they will be as an adult. If this rings true, Ryan should be about 6'4. Just like his dad!

6 comments:

Emilee said...

Well what a cute vain baby he is. I am so excited to see him next week. both of your boys have really grown up so fast I can hardly believe it!

Deamers said...

I can't believe he's already 20 lbs! You did say the other day that he was getting big.

Heidi said...

I love when babies find themselves in mirrors, it's so cute! You're going to have tall little boys, I'm going to have to remember to figure that out when my boys are older.

Goldies said...

whoa, what are you feeding them? Those pictures of Ethan are so cute. What are you teaching him out in Cali?

Josh and Liz said...

Who wouldn't want to spend all day looking at that face. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Challise and Rusty said...

Ethan is getting so big. He is too darn cute! Boy, does time fly. Wait... that means we are all getting older (hopefully not bigger) right? Darn it!