I remember the day we were moving into our new apartment and I heard a strange sound coming from the palm tree overhead. I looked up, and it was.....a parrot! I got a little giddy. We were going from pine trees and magpies to palm trees and parrots.
How fun, I thought.
And then, the next morning at 5 am when I heard that same strange sound multiplied by what sounded like 20 thousand my thoughts turned a little less.....fun.
We've been told a couple of them escaped from a bird sanctuary and now, whether I like it or not, a few parrot families have made their homes right outside our window. They are my official wake-up call, can frequently be blamed for waking the kids up from their naps, and can be seen flying around the city in big noisy flocks.
Meet Public Enemy Number One: The Yellow-head Amazon Parrot

Cute? Maybe. Loud, Obnoxious, and EVERYWHERE? Definitely.
In doing a little research for this post I came across a sentence that left me, well, speechless:
They can be seen year-round, but are especially noticeable
in
the
winter.
WHAT?!?!


2 comments:
ok i so dont feel bad, because i HATE pine trees and magpies, and SNOW!! good to hear things are good though. It is always so fun to see what the old loganites are all up to. take care!!
ha ha.. that is interesting. I agree, I would have thought that was fun to have pet parrots outside. Hmmm... I guess if you are lucky enough to live in sunny California, you have to deal with something like this. :) It helps all of us that are jealous that you get to go to the beach.
Post a Comment