Thursday, March 13, 2008

Accepted!!!



Kris has been accepted to the University of Southern California School of Dentistry! We are in a state of surprised shock! Ever since Kris worked in a dental office in high school it has been a dream of his to become a dentist. We applied to dental school while Kris was completing his undergraduate degree and although he received many interviews he did not get accepted anywhere. It was hard to see all of our friends go off to different schools but we figured the Lord had other plans for us.

Kris continued in school and received his MBA from Utah State and decided to give dental school one last shot. This year he only received one interview and we figured that was that, we'll pursue other avenues. We moved down to Ogden and Kris started working for a company in Salt Lake. Imagine our surprise when Kris received an email the other day welcoming him to the USC Class of 2012, his one interview! I thought he was going to hyperventilate he was so excited! I am so proud of him for all his hard work and for not giving up on his dream. We know it will be a long hard road but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. USC, here we come!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU. YOU ARE SUCH A SPECIAL FAMILY. 2008 WILL BE SUCH A BIG YEAR...NEW BABY,NEW HOME,NEW GROWTH FOR ALL OF YOU. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU. MOM AND DAD K.

Amy C said...

Congratulations! I didn't know that you guys were still in Logan! Good luck on the move and in school!

Heidi said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. Good luck with everything!

BKC said...

Congratulations!!! What a new adventure for your family. I'm sure it will be well worth it. Good luck with the new little one on the way...so many fun things going on with your family!

Erika said...

Wow! That is awesome. That will be a fun place to live for a few years. Lots to do.

The Killer Bunch said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you two. You're patience and endurance has paid off. Another congrats because I didn't know you were expecting. So many exciting things I can hardly contain myself.

Josh and Liz said...

Seriously, we are SOOOO happy for you guys! Josh has said so many times, that of all the people he thinks Kris would be a great dentist! I almost cried when you told me! It makes me so happy to see you guys finally getting the break that you deserve. Call me again and we can talk more about it!

Quast Family said...

hey, i had no idea you guys were still in logan. how have you all been. i cant beleive that your little boy is 2 already. time has flown. so when are you moving? and have you had your other little one yet. well congrats on everthing, and hope to hear back from ya!!

amanda quast
usu 58th ward (back in the day)!!

Channa said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful...and such a great school! Good luck with everything.

Julie said...

Congratulations Kris! I am totally jealous you guys will be living in Southern California!

Starley Family said...

Congratulations! We are just finishing but it seems like yesterday when we awaited the news of whether we were going or not. Good luck. We'll be in CA too next year. Maybe we can get together sometime. Where is USC? We'll be near San Franscico in Palo Alto.