With the new baby coming next month Ryan got the boot out of his crib and into a big boy bed in a new room downstairs. I was really nervous about how this transition was going to go. Ryan has been great at naptime and bedtime. He loved his crib and we never had any problems with him sleeping through the night. (I know, my mom tells me repeatedly how spoiled I've been with him and most babies are not like that. I'm REALLY hoping to strike gold a second time around!)
I was worried that he would just want to play in his new room and never go to sleep. The plan was for Kris to sleep down there with him and ease him into the transition. We figured Kris would have to keep putting him back in bed and after about a week he would only stay until he fell asleep. Yeah, that plan went out the window the first night when Ryan basically kicked him out! He LOVES his new room! (It probably doesn't hurt that with the help of my Mom it's decked out in a fun camping theme, Thanks Mom!) He doesn't even want to take a nap in his crib anymore, he only wants his bed. We put a baby moniter down there so we could hear him in case he got scared or wanted to come upstairs, the only thing we heard was him talking and giggling to himself because he was so excited!


4 comments:
What a cute room! Did you sew the quilt? I know you love to sew, so I just wondered. I'm so glad Ryan loves it. That always makes the transition so much easier. By the way, Alex was super easy with sleep, and Spencer, not so much, but still bearable, it'll be great! Love you guys, Emily
I love you. mom k
This is such a cute room for your little boy! I love how you have decorated it...The lamp is my favorite!
Ashley-
How are you guys? It's fun to read about your family. I found you guys on Durrants blog! I can't believe that you are almost having your 2nd baby. Wow! Thats great!
Amy Cowley
Post a Comment