Sunday, April 15, 2012

We're moving to...


TEXAS!!!
(The boys were excited to announce this news wearing the shirts given to them by the Dr and his wife.  We were going for T is for Texas in this last picture)

We are happy, thrilled, excited and relieved to announce that Kris has accepted a position in Denison, Texas at the office of Smart Mouth Family Dental. 
We feel so blessed to have found this position because we already know Dr. Hill and his family.  Ben, with his wife Dori, was a fourth year dental student when Kris was a first year.  Dori was the first person to introduce herself to me and make me feel welcome in our new ward.  They invited us to join them for pizza in the park, Kris assisted Ben during Ben's WREB examinations and Ben performed a root canal for me during his senior year.  We feel like we are in good hands!

The boys were sad when they first heard the news.  Ryan cried and said he wanted to go to Utah and live by his Grandma's.  We got online and found some pictures of Texas and a few houses in the area WITH BACKYARDS and told him that soon we were going to live there and he would have a yard to play in and space to run and explore and new friends just waiting to meet him.  We had him at "backyard".  Plus we told them that Ben and Dori have 4 girls their ages so they are excited to meet some possible new friends.
 
I never imagined I would ever live in Texas.  I've yet to even visit!  But then again, I never really thought I'd live in California either.  My life with Kris has been a wild ride so far and really it's just beginning.  Utah, California, Texas, who knows what else is in store for us?!  For now I'm content with Texas.  We both feel that it is the best place for our family to go after graduation and we are excited and very much looking forward to this new adventure.  If any of you have some experience in Northern Texas, or know someone in Northern Texas (we'll be about an hour North of Dallas), or can share some must do's and see's in the area let me know!  For now, I'm trying to enjoy our last 4 weeks in California.

Bye, y'all!
(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

10 comments:

Lauren said...

sooo happy for you guys! what wonderful news. we're going to miss you!! congratulations!

Crystal Taylor said...

How exciting! Congrats on finally finishing school. That is a milestone for sure. I have an aunt that lives near Dallas (Carrollton). I'll have to ask her about the area! New adventures:)

Shanell Farr said...

very exciting!! good luck... i can't wait to see moving pictures and pictures of the new house :)

Tina Williams said...

Wow really really really have gotten use to your boys!!!! We will do so so so miss you !!!

Suzie said...

*sniffle, sniffle* It's okay, we were just hoping we'd get you guys back and have a new dentist to go to here soon!! *sniffle*

Seriously though, that is great news! Congratulations Kris for your awesome accomplishment, and Ash, you're such an amazing wife and mother getting through the last 4 years! Wishing you guys nothing but the best and enjoy your new adventure!

Don't forget about us! Come see us when you come home to visit! We miss you guys!

Olsen Family said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I can't believe we are actually done and moving away! Its crazy how fast time has gone by! I'm so exited for you guys. Good luck and keep us posted!

Erica said...

Texas! That's awesome, but we're sure going to miss you guys!! Are you sure you dont want to hang around for another year? :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Soooo excited for you! Congrats! And save us a space in about 5 years :)

SupaFlowaPowa said...

Sooo excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!!!!! Texas is awesome. Everything is indeed bigger there too!

Ashlee said...

Anything you have questions about let me know. We live in Frisco. Not too far from you. You really will love it here.