Thursday, January 27, 2011

February 7th = Baby G

I've had my 37 week checkup. Everything looked really good. Good enough, in fact, to schedule an induction date for February 7th putting me at 39 weeks! I went into labor on my own with the first two. With Ryan I started contracting on my due date and had him early the next morning. With Ethan my water broke one week early while I was home. I really liked going on my own. I felt like the baby and I were both ready and I had wonderful experiences both times. I'm interested and a little nervous to see how it is to be induced. I'd prefer to go on my own again, but this business of having a baby away from family is a little tricky. My mom needed to schedule time off of work and buy a plane ticket, and Kris needed to schedule his patients so we are very grateful to have a date to work with. Now that we have it, a ticket has been purchased and my mom comes into town next Saturday. I'm beyond relieved that she is coming to help me out. I can't believe I know when my baby is coming!

11 days! (But who's counting?!)

Here is the quilt I made for our newest little guy. I love it. I usually have a hard time with the boy prints out there. I'm not into the sports or jungle animals that seem to dominate boy fabrics, but I absolutely fell in love with this line.




I especially like how the back turned out.




Naming kids is hard. I think naming boys is especially difficult. Like I did with the previous two, I made a list and then went to Kris to give him a rundown. Right off the bat he said "No" to my top three! What?! We went back and forth for some time. Oddly enough, both of our top picks are "G" names so I felt safe adding it to his quilt. I think we are going to pick the name Kris likes (good thing I like it, too!), but he wants to keep the name a secret until we have the baby. I don't really care if people know, but I have to admit that it's been fun to hear everyone's guesses.


The top guesses so far have been: Graham, Gabe and Geoff (pronounced Jeff). Any others???

15 comments:

Quast Family said...

ok first of all, LOVE the quilt!! and i was induced all 3 times and it was wonderful :) seriously the best to plan it, although i think with this baby we will try to go naturally. cant wait to see pics :)

oh and i think the name is Gavin?? maybe??

amanda

Erin said...

Greyson? That is one of my fav's at the moment :)

CUTE quilt by the way!!!

Emily said...

Garrett, Graham, and Grant are my guesses..I am so excited for the 7th!!! Can't wait to meet Mr. G.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

So many babies coming right now! And most of them are boys! Yay! Friends for Fox!

I'm guessing George.

Crystal Taylor said...

Garet of course!
How exciting you know your big day. I wish I new mine:)
Good luck!

Unknown said...

Grey and Grant are my guesses! I am so excited for you guys! Good luck with everything. And lets plan a day to craft together...I need one of those badly! And I am in LOVE with all of your amazing quilts!

Alicia Steere said...

LOVE the quilt!!! You are So crafty, I wish we lived closer so you could teach me!!! :) I started labor on my own with Shelby (7 days overdue i might add) and I was induced with Keenan...honestly, I LOVED being induced!!! I had my makeup on, my nails painted, I felt great!!! I loved everything about it and plan on being induced with baby #3 in june! :) Can't wait to hear how it goes! We have our ultrasound on Feb. 7th! :)

OH, my guess...Grant

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

that quilt is ridiculously adorable!!! I am so excited for you guys:)

My guesses are Grant or Gavin...but I'm excited to hear what it really is!

Good luck with everything:) I've been induced with both of mine and have had wonderful experiences both times. We're so excited for you guys!

Suzie said...

You are so talented!! His quilt is so adorable, and your twin ones are so cute! I wish I had the patience to do things like that.
I can't believe you're almost due, that seems like it flew by! My guesses: Gavin or Gage. G's are so fun to write too! So excited for you guys! Best of luck with everything!

Erica said...

11 Days away! So exciting! I'm guessing Grant or Greyson :) and I LOVE that quilt!

Deamers said...

Apparently my computer doesn't like you. It does this with other blogs it said you hadn't updated for months, and I thought I'd check just in case, because it does this and there were 5 posts I hadn't seen, The shower looked awesome, the quilts and so cool, and those pictures of the snow were beautiful.

Heidi said...

Darling quilt!! I am jealous but I will be following shortly after on feb 16th for our little girl's arrival! I can't wait to see pictures!

Stephanie said...

I am guessing Garrett...we seem to like the same names
Our Ethan was almost named Ryan. Carson's name was a toss up between Carson and Garrett..so ha ha that's my guess.
I was induced with both of mine...you will do great...that's how we did it and it was totally worth it to have my Mom there!

Heidi said...

You are so talented with those quilts! If you change your mind with the G name, my Gavin would love that quilt! :)

Blake and Erica said...

My guesses are Greg, Granite, Gabe, or Grifford!