Dear Upstairs Neighbor,
I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for teaching me about loving my neighbor. I love it when it's 2 a.m. and I'm attempting to rock my sweet (although screaming) baby back to sleep after his nasty ear infection has woken him up. Why do I love it? Well, when you pound on your floor (my ceiling) in order to let me know you are as concerned as I am about his comfort you also wake up my darling 2 year old so he can join in on the fun. My husband and I are grateful for those extra hours in the middle of the night that you allow us to bond as a family that we might not have otherwise. Thank you for scowling at me as I attempted to smile at you the next day. You make me feel so comfortable in our new home. I know you have repeatedly pounded because you want me to understand you know exactly what it's like to have a baby cry at night since you have two teenage daughters and must have experienced it firsthand.
My only regret is not being able to thank you in person. It's not because I'm bashful, but because....you don't speak English.
Thanks again,
Your Downstairs Neighbor
8 years ago


20 comments:
Haha that is a great letter Ash!
Oh how I don't miss apartment neighbors!! We were opposite, we were on the top level but didn't feel like we could make a peep or walk around after 10 at night. The girl sent her boyfriend up on us one night when we were watching tv and told us we were "stomping around"?? I didn't know sitting on the couch could be so loud!! Sorry for your great neighbor!
Well let's hope that your neighbor can read english! I'm sorry they give you such a hard time about noise - as if you don't know that your baby is crying - I'm curious about how they will respond to that nice letter;) Hopefully it will help
I just want to make sure everyone knows this is a joke. My way of finding a little humor in an otherwise humorless situation. I'm not really sending it! :o)
What a nice neighbor you have! So caring! Ash, you crack me up!
Upstairs neighbor is going DOWN. Oh I am SOO sorry I cannot imagine the frustration!!! Kill her with kindness :)
I love the FAKE letter. Sometimes it is nice to let off a little steam and write a letter that will never be sent!
I love it!!! Apartment life is wonderful.
Good luck! Your boys are so cute!
That's got to be so much fun....sometimes I don't think people understand that babies don't have an off button!
Maybe it's because I live in New York and I've become one of 'em, but I would learn "Give me a break" in spanish!
It helps to get it out on paper doesn't it! I was reading about soundproofing your ceiling or floor on in 'This Old House' magazine. You might look it up online. Maybe that would help both of you. I'd ask the manager. good luck!
I love this letter! It takes me back to our good ol' Hanbury Days! Thanks for the smile/laugh today! How are you guys!?
You crack me up! I guess you need to learn spanish to accommodate our south of the boarder immagrants who refuse to learn english.....blah, yeah right!
Between birds and neighbors, you certainly have your hands full. You have my sympathy.
I wish they spoke Spanish, then Kris could go talk to them! I think they are Japanese.
oh blast. that sounds like a LOAD of fun.
What a great way to get your concerns off your chest. Oh the things I would write to my neighbors! By the way congrats on baby Ethan. Your boys are very cute. Kevin, Brynnlee, and I hope all is well with your family!
You know, we've had similar problems, but our upstairs neighbors are the ones who are noisy. I found that pounding on the ceiling usually helps. That's right, when she stomps on the floor, just go ahead and pound on the ceiling! :) It's done wonders for us!
I'm so sorry, just tell yourself someday I'll have my own house! course by then you probably wont have a baby to cry in the night! p.s. I'm glad to see you're still alive I was getting worried there for a while! and thanks for my card I can't wait to use it. If only H&M were closer . sigh! I'll get there soon enuf :)
Dude, just do it! They have to be able to read English. Or just start pounding back on the ceiling when they stomp - tit for tit!
Ashley and Kris! This is Scott and Heather Pearce! Remember us? How are you? Well I can tell from this post that you are doing great and LOVE your neighbors!! I was blog surffing and found you and thought I would say Hi. We have a blog as well, it's private, but would love to invite you to see what we have been up to. Email me your email and I"ll add you in. It's hethpearce@yahoo.com
Cute boys by the way, I think your oldest Ryan, was just a baby when you moved from good old Logan! They are both adorable!
Are you kidding! Oh, I can't believe the nerve of some people! I hope his ear infection is better, those are no fun!
Oh, bless your heart Ashley! One day you will live in this beautiful home on a large lot and you can have surrond sound blarring without your neighbors even knowing. I love your humor about it. I needed a good laugh today!
Post a Comment