Tuesday, March 20, 2012

4

Happy Birthday Ethan! 
I can not say enough good things about how Ethan is doing right now.  He has been such a happy, fun, helpful boy lately.  I also had a parent teacher conference with Ethan's preschool teacher (I know, funny, right?!) and she said he is doing great!  He really takes his time when he is trying to figure things out.  He'll sit and work on one thing until it is completed.  He is really into creating paper crafts at the moment and my kitchen table is constantly covered with his art projects.  Most recently it has been puppets, maps and telescopes. 

We had his birthday cake and balloon sitting on the table waiting for him when he woke up. 
 Grandma K sent checks for the boys with instructions for them to go pick out a fun toy at the toy store.  Ryan picked out a Hot Wheels Dinosaur Racetrack that has been a huge hit.  When it came time for Ethan to pick something out Kris and I made a few suggestions, he picked one thing, then another and then...he spotted it.  The toy he wanted and nothing was going to change his mind.  
Roller Skates!
If you know Ethan, you know he's, well, he's a bit clumsy.  Adorable, but not too coordinated.  :o)  He just grows too fast!  We made sure to get a set that included a helmet, wrist guards and knee pads.  Oh, I love it!  I think he looks adorable.  We haven't ventured outside with them yet.  We're giving him a few days on the carpet and linoleum to get used to it.   
His birthday fell on the free day at the LA Arboretum so we met up with friends to enjoy the nice weather.  It had been a while since I had been there and when we turned a corner I saw a turtle statue and remembered this picture I took of Ethan on our first trip to the Arboretum.
This was taken in October of 2009.   He was a year and a half.
Ethan today.  He has grown up so much!
We love you Ethan!

2 comments:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

so cute! i can't believe how tall he is - awesome!

Crystal Taylor said...

You have such handsome boys!! They are growing up way to fast. Kids do that for some reason:)