Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Insatiable


Ryan's appetite now a days is blowing my mind. The kid would eat ALL DAY LONG if I let him. I try my hardest to feed him big meals so he'll be full and then a healthy snack in between but he still wants more! It's the same thing everyday. Breakfast is usually over by 8:00 and come 9:00 Ryan is asking for lunch. And an hour after lunch he'll want dinner. All this with plenty of apples, cheese, crackers and fruit snacks tossed in.

Today for lunch he wanted waffles (I love breakfast anytime, we occasionally have breakfast for dinner in our house), so I made him two. I also gave him a yogurt. He wanted another one. I gave it to him. I thought for sure he would be full. I'm pregnant and I don't think even I could have eaten two waffles, two yogurts and a glass of juice. I made myself lunch, sat down to eat and guess who was at my elbow begging like a little puppy dog for bites? The bottomless pit known as my son! My real concern is that he is only 4 years old, can you imagine what my grocery bill is going to be like when I have three teenage boys to feed?!

I'm really hoping this is just a growth spurt and not his new eating routine. Anyone else have similar eating issues?

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm excited for you to have 3 boys, they're so much fun!

I totally know what you are talking about with the amount of food they can eat. All 3 of my boys including my 1 year old can out eat me!

Lori said...

no, i have two girls that i have to force feed. seriously. "take 3 more bites, pleeeease."

good luck? haha. maybe you'll become one of those amazing couponers and only spend $10 a month on groceries.

Goldies said...

I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a kid who actually eats, it seems so abnormal. My mom and dad love taking Tatton to chuck-o-rama because they say he's the only grandkid who actually eats their money worth! It's just a growth spurt I'm sure. Tatton usually will eat decent, every once in awhile he'll go thru the snacky, eat everything in sight phase, and other times we'll be trying to get him to take atleast take a few bites.
On another note, how's the house coming along? I'm checking on you!!