Saturday, November 21, 2009

Holiday Open House

I've been itching to attempt selling a few of my creations at a craft fair or bazaar, but I'm a little shy when it comes to being a saleswoman.  (Not the best start, I know.)  I decided I'd start small with my first venture so I invited a few crafting gal pals to join me in hosting a Holiday Open House.  We set up shop at my place, invited a few friends and had ourselves a great time!  For being thrown together in a couple of weeks I'd say it was a success.  I sold my pepper perch goods and a couple of quilts (hooray!) and everyone else sold things as well.  I gained a little experience, a little cash and lot of excitement to do it again!

My "Booth":







Merrilee of Tuesday Mourning fame:



Paige from Page by Paige made the cuuuutest calendars and handmade books:             



Shanell made adorable flower pins:



Jenny made custom everything!  Stockings, onesies, T-shirts, purses:



Carrie's hats were SO cute:



Autumn and her sisters contributed all things girly:  headbands, bow holders, purses and skirts:



All the crafters before the event:
Paige, Me, Merrilee, Jenny, Autumn, Shanell, Carrie, Lorraine

(why do I not have a photo of Lorraine's stuff???  I don't know, but her hand-dyed onesies and handmade cosmetic bags were adorable.  I should know, I bought one!)


Ladies, thanks for helping me get over my fear of being a saleswoman.  I say next year we go all out!

1 comment:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

It was a great idea! Thanks for hosting and getting the ball rolling! Let's for sure do it again soon.