Monday, May 18, 2009

Utah Recap Part 2

I figured it was long past time I posted about the second half of our trip to Utah, after all it was the best part! Everyone was healthy and happy and we had a vacation within a vacation. We also spent time with Kris' family and had a lot of fun doing new things but of course the battery on my new camera died while we were there and I didn't take my charger, thus, no pics. Sad. Dawn took us to a museum that was filled to capacity with every kind of exotic animal you could think of. Ryan loved it. Ethan was a little freaked out. To be honest, so was I. I had to keep reminding myself that the enormous tiger a foot away was dead and would not eat me alive. (That, in my opinion, is the scariest way to go.) So, luckily for me, the animals were all dead and I lived to tell the tale. Phew.

After our trip to Elko we had family pictures taken by our good friend Meg. She is awesome! I'm waiting to "officially" post them because she is tweaking a few of them for me, but I did post a couple she took of me with my boys for my Mother's Day post. Did I already mention the fact that she is awesome? Well, she is. You should really check out what she can do! I can't wait to show off the rest!

While making the trip from Utah back to California in one day is possible, it is not really ideal with two little ones. Dave came to the rescue and offered up his family's condo in St. George. Some of my family came along and we had a vacation within a vacation! We spent one day down in Vegas and the rest of the time we just relaxed and explored St. George. When we visited the St. George Temple grounds and visitors center Ryan was a little confused when the sister missionary was explaining the diorama of St. George. He kept looking around asking where George was. He couldn't figure out why he never saw a monkey the whole time we were there. We tried to explain that St. George and Curious George are not the same thing!




Near the Temple grounds we discovered an outdoor water area and decided to come back later and let the kids play. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip.



And we had a blast at the condo's swimming pool. Ryan did really well using his floaters to swim all by himself.


From there we said goodbye to family and headed home. It was a fabulous trip!

1 comment:

Josh and Liz said...

Oh Utah, we love you so! I am really jealous right now. How are the cookie monsters? I think about you a lot! You are such an amazing person! I miss you!