Thursday, September 11, 2008

White Coat Ceremony

Last weekend both of our parents flew in to attend a White Coat Ceremony held by the Dental School. I was really looking forward to this and we had a wonderful time. Kris introduced me to a few of his classmates and their spouses, I'm sure we'll become great friends with some of them by the time our 4 years are up.

It was great to visit with our families and for them to come and participate in our weekend. They have helped us so much to get where we are. It was only fitting they were there to celebrate with us.



Saturday we spent the day doing a little shopping, a little visiting and a lot of eating, my kind of day! We ate at a little place called Stoney Point in Pasadena, the food was excellent!



After Joe and Dawn were dropped off at the airport we had a little time to kill before my parents flew out. We drove to the beach and let Ryan run around for a while. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad they were there to share it with us. Thanks for coming Mom, Dad, Joe & Dawn!

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats on the white coat ceremony. Sounds like they are a little more family friendly than NYU! I couldn't even invite my wife!

Goldies said...

Congratulations Kris... that is one nice jacket! I'm glad you were able to see family for a bit.

Josh and Liz said...

Yeah! That is fun to have the parents come out. You guys are great! How are things Ashley? Are you adjusting to new life?

Josh and Liz said...

Hey, now I've got at least two strikes against Case. Our coats were goofy and only went to your beltline (we can't have long ones til we're doctors), and no embroidering. We had goofy computer printed tags. Sounds like they're making the most of your tuition money ;)
Josh

Delia D'Nell said...

Kris, Congratulations on your white coat ceremony! I am so excited for you and Ashley!

Lauren Tatton said...

Congrats! How fun! That is so exciting!

Channa said...

Wow! Congrats - it is now official. We are excited for you guys. You'll have to let us know more about your new ward and how you are liking California. These pictures really are great of you two. You both look great!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad both of the parents could come. Way to help that happen! We are proud of you and that you are working hard to reach your goals. Good luck you guys. I can't believe how fast your boys are growing! We love you and hope to see you soon. When you have your plans for Christmas let us or Mom and Dad know so we can work around it. We'll be at Ron and Dixies this year, but we have a pretty good break, so we may be able to work it out. Love, Emily