Saturday, July 19, 2008

It begins...

We officially have less than two weeks before the truck pulls out of the driveway and we are on our way to South Pasadena.....let the madness begin. Kris and I stayed up late last night going through EVERYTHING we own to place them in take, store or "get rid of it already" piles. This morning we sold the "get rid of" items in a moving sale. It was fairly successful, we made a few bucks and most importantly, we won't have to move things we don't need or use. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I finally got rid of a few items of clothing that I've had since high school. And yes, I graduated 7 years ago. I don't care how cute a person thinks something is, if it was worn in high school 7 years ago it is time to say goodbye!

There was, however, one thing in particular that I just couldn't part with!

11 comments:

Channa said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of work! We hope all goes smoothly! What a fun new adventure for you. Bryce's dream is to go to USC. Good luck!

The Killer Bunch said...

You're on your way to a great adventure. I look forward to hearing all about it. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Dang I was hoping that I could buy Ethan so I could keep him here with me when you move to California!

Heidi said...

Oh, what a ton of work, I hate moving! Ethan looks so big, but darling!

Tiff Rudd said...

GOOD LUCK!! Moving is one of my least favorite things, but moving away to school has been fantastic! Hope it goes as well for you! I'm glad you didn't sell cute Ethan, but there have been a few days as a mom where I have threatened to sell both my kids! :) We all have those days, right? :)

Ryan said...

Hmmm...I have to disagree about the clothes from high school. Heck, I have some from Jr. High! I'm totally in style :). Good luck on the move and change of scenery.

Heidi said...

We have a move coming up also, but not as far! That's exciting you guys are getting to start this new phase of your lives. I'm sure you'll love it! Please keep in touch!

Erika said...

I hope things go well with the move! BTW, your haircut inspired me to get bangs. I love your hair!

Josh and Liz said...

Woohoo! Let the madness begin. It'll be great. And you've always got Mickey Mouse to fall back onto. Good luck you guys. All the best. Josh

Delia D'Nell said...

Ethan is just too cute to resist...are you sure you want to keep him? I would love to cuddle and love on him everyday!

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and are so excited for all of you! Kris, I was talking to meg. farmer, who just finished school as a p.a. and she was telling me about a program that will pay back medical loans if you do these certain requirements, I'll find our more and let you know so you can look into it. I'm sure you'll have sooooo much time on your hands. We love the pictures, and wish we could get our hands on our cute nephews! Soon I hope! love, Emily