Sunday, July 6, 2008

Birthday with a BANG!


We started off our 4th of July celebration with a family breakfast at Huntsville Park. We've been going up there the last few years and really enjoy it. The girls walked around the booths while the husbands played a little Frisbee. Ryan especially loved the obstacle course and inflatable slide. He was nervous at first but once he got the hang of it we had to pry him away. And Ethan was a little tough guy with his pirate tattoo (I really wanted a heart that said "Mom" but they didn't have one) and he loved his sunglasses.





The 4th is extra special for our little family because it is Kris' birthday! Happy Birthday Kris! He says having his birthday on the 4th is great because everyone always has the day off to be with family and how many people can say they get to end every party with fireworks?! Not too shabby!


"The Husbands" -Kris, Jeremy and Dave are always in charge of the firework show. And a show is what we get! Every year without fail they create some elaborate display where a firecracker is set off and timed to perfection in order to ignite the fountain that is connected to the sparklers that will light off the smoke bombs......and so it goes. I'm sure this is sounding familiar to some of you gals out there, it seems to be a guy thing. Is there a "firework show" merit badge that I never heard about? They did do a great job with it though, thanks men!



All in all, a great weekend!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the tattoo! It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. They must just have a pyro merit badge in general, why limit themselves to fireworks?

Ashley said...

Haha! Very true Heidi!

BKC said...

I cannot believe how big ethan is getting! They grow up too fast. We missed you by the way, but very good you finally got to go to the temple, I completely understand that!! When you have a chance you have to take it, right? Hopefully we can all get together soon!!

Channa said...

What a fun time to have a birthday - looks like lots of fun! I love the picture with the sunglasses. Very cute!

Lauren Tatton said...

That looks like so much fun! Cute husbands! I have never seen fireworks like that! How fun! You guys are all so fun! I have loved getting to know you!

Heidi said...

I didn't realize Kris has a 4th of July birthday also. Chandler loves having fireworks for his birthday. Looks like you guys had fun.

Deamers said...

Hey I finally got my blog officiall up and running, I'd love for you to check it out. But I ralized that apparently I'm supposed to write much more. You have so much, and my friend Ally writes almost nothing and keeps telling me to keep it very small. But after reading yours i realize i could do a bit more :)
deamerfamily.blogspot.com

Goldies said...

Thanks for the info on naps, I put it to good use!! Looks like you had a great 4th, Happy Birthday Kris!!

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th! Your little one is getting so big! I love the tatoo and the sunglasses :)

Me, Myself and I said...

The 4th is my husband's birthday too.

Delia D'Nell said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Ash, I love that you tattoo'd Ethan. You are the coolest mom ever.