Small town parades are the best. You can't tell me otherwise. I love them! We enjoyed the Gunnison parade with my in-laws over the 4th of July weekend. John, my brother-in-law, is a DJ for the local radio stations and is often asked to MC various events, including this parade. So we had great seats and behind the scenes commentary for the parade. Plus John let me put in a request for the greatest 4th of July song of all time. That would be Neil Diamond belting out "America". It's just not the 4th without Neil! (Ok, so it was already in his line-up, but I requested it anyway!)
I love this at the beginning of every parade.
John in action.
His wife, Emilee, was his lovely assistant, but I failed to get a picture of them together. BTW, congrats Em for passing the pharmacy boards!
I loved that livestock was part of the parade. They were massive!
This guy below decided to take a break in front of us and it was most entertaining watching the men try to get him moving again.
I want one! (Seriously.)
We got to see the famous "Mator" that was in the Utah news. For those outside of Utah, apparently a guy had a truck that looked a lot like Mator so he decided to turn it into the Disney character and ended up getting a lot of media attention for it. Our boys were really excited to see him coming down the parade route. It looks just like him, don't you think?
Ethan collects some loot. Actually, I have never been to a parade where they threw more candy. We left with two grocery sacks full!
John in action.
His wife, Emilee, was his lovely assistant, but I failed to get a picture of them together. BTW, congrats Em for passing the pharmacy boards!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
looks like an awesome 4th to me!!! glad you could be with family, that's always fun.
thanks for your kind words on my blog, seriously, i read them to van and have thought about printing them and sticking them on my bathroom mirror. :)
That's okay Ashley:) You don't need to post picture of me REALLY!!
It was so fun to spend time with you!! We just love your boys
By the way Dawn loved your book "The Help" and she bought me a copy so I could read it too. I'm glad that you started this chain reaction...I really like it.
Hope that all is going well.
Post a Comment