Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All About Ethan

Oh, my Ethan boy. There have been a lot of changes for him in the last few months that I've missed. So here are all of the random things you may (or may not) have wanted to know about Ethan!

1. Everything is taking twice as long as it used to because he insists on doing it himself. I hear the same thing all day,

"No Momma! I do it!"

Usually followed by,

"See Momma, I did it!"

2. Ethan was born "tongue-tied" or in other words he had a really short tongue. We noticed it was beginning to interfere with his speech so Kris made an appointment at the dental school to have his tongue clipped. Yep, it's as horrible as it sounds. The doctor took a scalpel and cut the underside of his tongue so it could stretch longer. Let's just say he was NOT a happy boy following that procedure. I bawled on the drive home as he bawled in the backseat. Not fun as a parent. :o(

But...it did the job. Here's a before picture. Notice how his tongue is split like a snake.


And an after, as in right after. He was a little loopy from the medication they gave him to help get him sedated.



Very sad, but I'm glad it's done and hopefully he won't need any speech therapy.

3. Ethan has this magic ability to hold onto tears for what seems like hours after he's shed them. I swear this is some gift that is designed to make parents feel horrible and give into whatever caused those tears to appear in the first place. More than once I've found him playing, perfectly happy, and discovered a little teardrop resting on his cheek from the hour before. It gets me every time!





4. A recent (and welcome) discovery is how much he loves helping me clean. Let's just hope this trend continues well into his teens...





5. This boy loves Buzz Lightyear so much he is actually becoming Buzz Lightyear!

Shooting like Buzz.


To Infinity and Beyond!

1 comment:

Lori said...

i've never heard of that procedure. how scary! i'm glad it seemed to work and i hope all goes well there. he's a cutie pie.