Friday, February 12, 2010

Trip to San Diego

Kris had a looooong weekend (Wednesday to Monday off from school!) so we decided to go to San Diego and take the boys to Sea World.  We bought a day pass for each of us and got the rest of the year for free.  My kind of deal.  After getting a hotel on Priceline we were good to go!

The first day we arrived just in time to catch the Shamu show.  I am really glad we didn't sit in the soak zone.  I forgot just how much water the killer whales are able to splash at the audience.  I don't think our boys would have enjoyed that as their first impression of Sea World!


Ryan and Ethan loved the dolphin encounter and we spent a fair amount of time sitting and watching them play and jump in the water.  A few times the dolphins came our way they jumped up and splashed our boys which they thought was hilarious.  Unfortunately, the dolphin show is closed right now for renovations so we'll be taking advantage of our season pass to go again once that opens.

It was so nice to get away from any responsibilities and just be together as a family.  One of our favorite parts of the trip was swimming in the hotel pool and hot tub.  I wish I had remembered my camera!  I have two little fish who love splashing and swimming together.  I'm so glad we decided to go on this last minute trip.  We were able to make a lot of fun memories and I loved having all my boys to myself!

No comments: