Weeks before Christmas we received a Target toy catalog in the mail. While I was doing dishes Ryan sprawled himself out on the floor and proceeded to tell me all the things Santa was going to bring him for Christmas. I "hmm hmm'd" as the list went on and on, but then came the words that I would proceed to hear at least 20 times EVERY day until Christmas Eve:
"Santa is going to bring me a Dragon Castle!"
After about a week of this I did what any parent would do. I called my mom and asked her,
"At what point did you feel like you had to buy me whatever I asked Santa for that year?
And she, being the good mom she is, laughed at me.
I guess that answered my question!
But then, she decided to play Santa and bought it for him. (Thanks, mom!) Let me tell you, I have never had more fun than watching Ryan find his dragon castle on Christmas morning. He was so excited he screamed that it was just what he asked for and gave it a big hug.
Cue melted heart.
Ethan was old enough this year to get into the action as well. Santa (Grandma and Grandpa) was especially good to my boys this year. Ethan lounged around on his new leather sofa and opened present after present. His favorite was probably the shopping cart that was just like the one his twin cousins have.
Sometimes being a parent exceeds all expectations. Christmas is definitely one of those times.
(more Christmas to come....)
(more Christmas to come....)


No comments:
Post a Comment